Thread: BBQ tips!!
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 01:31 AM   #8
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree
Default Re: BBQ tips!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwylie View Post
OOOOOOOOOH! Crock pot BBQ can be good! Use a little liquid smoke too in addition to the recipe above.
I've done this. Prior to getting a smoker this is a decent work around. However, nothing can replace the taste of smoking a pork shoulder for hours. Low and slow. You can get the same consistency. Its good. You can't get that bark and true smoke flavor in a crock pot. If my shirt and under shirt don't smell like smoke after cooking a shoulder, then I don't appreciate it as much.

I like to switch my rubs up all the time. I always use cinnamon in pork. It's magical. Maybe you could rub it, broil it on 7 minutes each side to create a bark, then throw it in the crock pot for several hours. I sometimes broil my brisket for a few minutes after letting it sit at room temp for 30 mins before throwing it on the smoker.