View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: D.Thompson vs mizz u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Dylan wasn't the problem vs Mizzou. Mike Davis fumbles twice while driving inside the 10. That's a 14 point swing, most likely.

Sure Dylan could have performed better...If your going to be beating a dead horse...what about Shaws fumbles against UGA? I mean if we're talking about underwhelming performance.

Fact is 75% of the SEC would take Dylan, we were spoiled by a GREAT passing performance by shaw last season. Dylan has the ability...but the receivers scare me this year. Roland can have the drops and inconsistency like 95% of the last two seasons.

I don't think you can compare the UGA game and the Mizzou game. Connor Shaw & the offense scored a bunch of points against UGA. You're right though, his turnover in the 4th quarter did hurt, but with the way the USC offense was playing that day, they shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. 80% of that loss is attributed to the defense.

The Mizzou game was just a steady run of missed opportunities and inconsistency.

The receivers will be fine. Byrd is proven. Jones is proven. Roland played very well down the stretch starting with Mississippi State. Going to need to get something from the slot guy(s) whether its Cooper, Brent, or Samuel but the situation is a lot better than it could be.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote