View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #7
spurfan93
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
spurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his combspurfan93 is developing his comb
Default Re: Best / Worst Gamecock team With Steve Spurrier as the Head Coach

Worst season: 2008

Unlike 2007, there was never any real promise of a great season. 2007 had its share of great wins and heartbreaking losses (UT, CU). Our biggest win in 08 was Ole Miss who went 9-4 and there were some UGLY losses.

. Our offense never really got in a rhythm all year. We went from Beecher to Smelley to Garcia who just wasn't ready yet. I'm pretty sure we led the nation in interceptions.
. Offensive line had it's worst year by far. Had NO running game and couldn't protect whoever it was back there playing QB.
. Defense was actually a bright spot for the most part...until Florida.
. The last three games were just embarrassing to watch. Florida beats us 56-6 (I still have nightmares of that trick play we attempted on the kickoff return). Clemson carries Dabo off the field as they beat us 31-14. And then the Outback Bowl. I vividly remember the commentator saying "coach spurrier just needs to find 11 guys who WANT to play".
. Don't forget Spurrier said himself he almost walked away after that season.