View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
bhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPitbhusc2002 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002
Default Re: Successful Spurrier QBs? Not just at Carolina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I thought about putting this in the cockpit, but then I thought it would be better to put it in the locker room.

Anyway, I regularly see people talk about how Spurrier is a QB "guru" and how his presence should attract a lot of big-time players or how a QB who has learned under Spurrier should be considered an attractive prospect at the next level.

I'm honestly not saying it's not true, but I just don't know where it's coming from. Who have been successful QBs who have been considered Spurrier guys? And when you talk about success, does it mean only in college or college and pro?

I can only think of one off the top of my head who has had any success at the professional level, and even it was limited, and that's Rex Grossman. So please help me out. Thanks.
One of the big knocks on Spurrier QB's has been the lack of success on the pro level, but he has had many QB's who have had success in college, most notably Danny Wuerffel (won the Heisman) and Rex Grossman (finished 2nd in the Heisman voting).
bhusc2002 is online now   Reply With Quote