View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #16
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Former Gamecocks QB Stephen Garcia joins Saturday Down South as an SEC analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Steven Garcia brought us our only SEC division championship. He is one of the best QBs ever to play at USC. Some say he is the best QB ever to play here. Even the great Connor Shaw couldn't bring home a championship. 11-2 is nice but 10-2 with a championship is better. I'd be more concerned about welcoming Garcia back to Columbia than Sterling Sharpe. He did more for USC than any other USC QB in its history. So what if he left a few games early from a pidly mistake? So what???? He won a championship folks. Admit it! If he had broke his finger and missed the last few games of his college career instead of breaking a rule we would be talking about a statue for him rather than insulting the guy.

no, there would never be a statue for Stephen Garcia..... I am sorry dude. Yea he has some great wins and big moments, but ultimately had Shaw QB'd that team we would have gotten over the hump. Its hard to run your offense when the QB isn't committed to the team's goals.

No offense to Garcia, just that had he realized one 10th of his potential he could've been great, he didn't and wasn't that great. You also must remember how much higher he was rated than Shaw coming out of high school. Shaw never lost at home, never lost to Clem5-0n, and beat some highly ranked opponents. Shaw is by far the best QB we have ever had, if there was ever talk of a QB statue, I would hope it would be of a Gamecock legend or somebody who represented the school and won with honor. Definitely not a guy like Garcia.

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote