View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #17
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier's latest victim: Nick Saban....

To me it reads that Spurrier lets his assistants do their jobs. If Alabama is paying all these assistants and advisors all of this money and Saban is knee deep in everything, what good are they? How are they going to develop as coaches?

Whereas you look at our staff and guys like Coach Elliott, Ward, Mangus, Brown .. these guys have blossomed under Spurrier. I may be wrong but it appears to me like he does a better job grooming assistants.

The only thing I wish Coach Spurrier would do more of is staying close enough to campus to swing by and see recruits. IMO, there is no reason for any big time target (or commitment) not to see him while in Columbia. I understand if there is a family vacation, emergency, or he is at meetings in Florida but other than that he needs to be around to shake these prospect's hands. He has done a pretty good job of that so far this year it seems though.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote