View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #17
Cocked & Locked
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Where do you draw the line between parental discipline and child abuse

I have 2 girls ( 22 and 9) that have been disciplined according to who they are. My oldest I could just give her "the look" and she knew to straighten up immediately, while the 9 year old is the type that pushes you to "that point". It is so hard not to go ape shit on her a$$ but I never disciple out of anger. Sometimes I have to walk away to cool down first and get a hold of my anger before I can speak to her.

When I disciple my child in a restaurant I will take her outside and get down on one knee and look at her in the eye and explain why she is outside. I then ask if she will be able to behave when we go back in, because if we have come back outside again she will receive a spanking. Very rarely do we ever have to return outside but on the occasion that we do I will get down on her level again and look her in the eyes and ask her why we are there. I also explain to her that we had a deal when we walk in last time and she didn't do what she was suppose to so know I have to spank her which I didn't want to do. After her spanking we wait until she has finished crying and grad her composure before we go back in.

I have been complimented many times from strangers and other adults about how I talk to my children and how I get on their level to talk to them and to discipline them. My wife and I never threaten our children or tell them the traditional "What til your father gets home."

My wife and daughters are my everything!!
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote