View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #12
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Talent Level In Professional Soccer?

Look at Kyle Beckerman...I read a funny quote that relates to this converstaion.

Quote:
Look, I like Kyle Beckerman. I think it’s chill that he’s going for it with his hair like that. But Kyle Beckerman should be the guy watching the World Cup at a bar in Nashville with his chill hair telling stories to his bros like “Yeah man, I played youth soccer with Kobe. He was unreal man, unreal. Even back then. Another level.”
LOL. It is the truth, though.

I don't want this to come across as a bash on the sport of soccer...I just want some input on this dialogue to see if I experience the same things growing up and if my speculations are shared.

In an alternate universe, Kobe Bryant was destroying Clint Dempsey in youth soccer until Kobe decided to play basketball...a sport seen with value and a higher ceiling in America...then Clint Dempsey was able to finally start shining.

I hope soccer continues to climb in America. I don't hate it. Now, I don't prefer it over baseball/football/basketball and I can watch hockey much easier...but I am all for any competition that brings people together. The only thing I can really say that I don't like is how hardcore soccer fans try to shove the sport down American's throats. For the past 3 weeks, I have a couple guys on my Facebook who are deadset on making you understand that something is wrong with you for not liking soccer *like* the rest of planet Earth.

With the best athletes our country has to offer, we would destroy every country in soccer...and I firmly believe that. I don't know if it is genetics, mindset/confidence, variety, or what...but America has shown that if we try hard, we end up being the best at it...and by quite the margin. Like awesome fast food and obesity, for example; we own that shit and no one is stopping us.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote