View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #6
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Most important game for UofSC in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
In their continuing off-season articles on the SEC, ESPN has been listing what they consider to be the most important games for each team for the 2014 season.

They've covered a few teams so far. They've listed UT's most important game as Mizzou, Vandy's as Ole Miss, and A&M's versus the Gamecocks.

Thursday afternoon they released their thoughts on which game is the most important for South Carolina; Florida on Nov. 15th.

In the last part of that write-up one sentence caught my attention, "Chances are the winner from the East won't have less than two losses heading into the last couple of weeks of the season." This is an opinion I'm inclined to believe. However, it also gives me reason to also believe the Florida game isn't the most important.

Assuming they are correct and every team in the SEC east has two losses, wouldn't that make the game against Auburn most important? In the SEC tie-breaker rules a loss to a cross-divisional opponent carries more weight.

The only thing I can come up with supporting their opinion is they're also anticipating UF with a loss to a western division team. BUT, they don't say that (and haven't released UF's most important game.)

In your SEC schedule, which team do you consider to be the most important opponent for 2014?
Thanks for posting. For me, I think it's Auburn. I think we'll beat UGA and, yes, Florida will be a war. We'll smash Clemson (ACC...Dabo...game over) as we do every year. But Auburn is our kryptonite. We have to get over that hump.
Legalman72 is online now   Reply With Quote