View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
eatlighting
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material
Default Re: Capital One Bowl Replay

I decided to watch a few minutes of it.

One observation I've made from watching replays that I feel has contributed to recent our success has been our repeated ability to defend fakes on 4th down. Our special teams have been pretty weak, but that is one thing we've done right over the last few seasons.

I just remember us getting burned on that so much, and then, it's like something finally clicked with us. "Hey, this happens to us a ridiculous amount, maybe we should concede the chance for a block and avoid giving up a TD or a 1st down."

I don't know. That's my perception anyway. I can't remember the last time we were burned in recent memory, but I can remember multiple times that we've stopped a fake. Each time it was critical.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote