View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #11
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: That rattling noise just means he wants to be friends. Spurticus thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccgogamecocks View Post
I don't in any way doubt what you are saying because you seem extremely educated on this subject as well as others. I did however read in the wildlife rules and regulation last summer saying if you kill one in game zone 6( I'm in Bamberg) and are caught you will be fined. I have not seen a eastern rattler in many years. I do see a lot of canebrakes, copperheads, water moccasins, and quite a few other non poisonous snakes on an almost daily basis. We see at least 10 to 15 snakes a day on the Edisto where we have a gettaway. I like the one I see, and not so much the one I don't see.
I know a couple of months ago (May) that the State had been petitioned
again by the SCDNR on behalf of a lot ecological research centers, and
the Savanna River Facility to list EDBs as a protected Species. They said
that the rodent population in the low country had risen drastically the past several
years, and they are extremely concerned that it is a result of the decline
in the EDB population in the low country. There are some capture and
tagging studies being done extensively now, and the State is monitoring
the situation, but as of May, the State had not stepped in with a State
Endangered order or listed EDBs as a protected species. Marion County
is the one that I know about that has basically taken steps to stop them
being killed or transported out of the county and passed laws to protect
them from being killed or taken there. .... Beaufort may well have done
the same thing to protect them within the boarders of their city / county
until the State steps in a declares them an endangered species in SC