View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #19
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: Professional Soccer (Futbol / Football) for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
IMO for a beginner the best would be the EPL.

They just signed a contract with NBC and based on your cable provider you can watch any game on Saturdays and Sundays. (When there are multiple being played)

On top of that they have the most of the "largest teams" and if you're in a business like myself where you work with people from England, you can easily talk with them about it.
(Well the last part is just a good addition for myself)
Here's an AWESOME way to get introduced to soccer and the EPL. If you don't want to watch an entire match yet, there's a show that comes on Saturday nights (you can tape it on the East Coast if you don't want to stay up) called Match of the Day. It's basically a 2 hour show which goes through the main highlights of every match in about 10 minutes. When I can't see the games live on the weekends, I watch this show.

During college football season, it's a great way to keep up with the EPL since we tend to be a bit busy on Saturdays.