View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #2
A. Pilgrim
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material
Default Re: Do you need advice on picking a Premier League team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Then this is the thread for you.

I will be happy to give (generally) unbiased advice, and answer questions about whether an EPL team is right for you. I'm sure there are other posters out there would be willing to help as well.

[Note: I will NEVER advise anyone to choose Manchester United, and I think Tottenham (Spurs) are the Clemson of England.]

Please PM if you need my credentials as an BPL expert.

OK, I'll bite...

In the other thread, this link was provided, which I started browsing through;
http://www.nbcsports.com/joe-posnans...er-league-club

But, for a bit more of a personal recommendation, let me offer you some specifics about myself as a fan...

Obviously, a lifelong Gamecock fan, as well as alum.
I abhor bandwagon teams (LA, Cowboys, Yankees)
But I'd also like to 'pick' a team that is not a perennial cellar-dweller.
I'm not looking for self-flagellation. In other words, I'm not trying to 'pick' the EPL equivalent to the Chicago Cubs (yes, I realize some might characterize the Gamecocks as the CFB equivalent of the Cubs...)
I prefer some American connections that I can get behind.

What team(s), in your opinion, would be good for me to consider looking into further?
A. Pilgrim is online now   Reply With Quote