View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: Do you need advice on picking a Premier League team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
OK, I'll bite...

In the other thread, this link was provided, which I started browsing through;
http://www.nbcsports.com/joe-posnans...er-league-club

But, for a bit more of a personal recommendation, let me offer you some specifics about myself as a fan...

Obviously, a lifelong Gamecock fan, as well as alum.
I abhor bandwagon teams (LA, Cowboys, Yankees)
But I'd also like to 'pick' a team that is not a perennial cellar-dweller.
I'm not looking for self-flagellation. In other words, I'm not trying to 'pick' the EPL equivalent to the Chicago Cubs (yes, I realize some might characterize the Gamecocks as the CFB equivalent of the Cubs...)
I prefer some American connections that I can get behind.

What team(s), in your opinion, would be good for me to consider looking into further?
Everton.

Up and coming team with a lot of young talent. Got a new manager last year, Roberto Martinez (who has been on the ESPN World Cup broadcast and shows), almost made the Champions League last year. American connection - the goalkeeper for Everton is Tim Howard. Last year, he had his best season for them. Landon Donovan also played for Everton at one time.