View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #7
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: Do you need advice on picking a Premier League team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
I was gonna say the same thing.

Everton
are a good choice. Never been relegated. In a good city, with a good rival, Liverpool.

Good fans, and generally good looking kits. A historic club that has won a few trophies, but never going to win the league in this era. Will always compete for the FA and League Cups.

I might also suggest Newcastle. Amazing fans and a HUGE club. Have had a tough few years lately, but generally a good team.

Aston Villa is an option. Brad Guzan is their keeper and is a Gamecock. Historically a mid-level team.
I also love Roberto Martinez as manager at Everton. He is finally getting his due for his good work. Struggled in his years at Wigan but won the FA Cup in 2013 beating Man City in the Final.

Newcastle would almost make it a Big 4 in the EPL if they hadn't fallen on hard times. The club was HUGE back in the day.

Yes, Aston Villa is another good club because of Brad Guzan. However, they have been in the relegation battle the last couple of seasons so they aren't vying for any trophies - just survival. However, always good to keep an eye on them and catch their highlights to see what Guzan is doing.

Another good club would be Stoke City. They have always been more of a defensive club but are trying to change their tactics a little. Another American is on that team - Geoff Cameron.

So from an American standpoint, there is Tim Howard (Everton), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), and Jozy Altidore (Sunderland - although I expect him to transfer to another club this summer).

Here is an awesome video with Howard, Guzan, and Cameron having dinner and discussing life in England. It's an ESPN one so can't embed it. Worth watching though.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11003523