View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #10
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: Do you need advice on picking a Premier League team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
Oh, nice- given I'll be spending a decent bit of time in Belgium in the future, maybe being familiar with afro-dude (yeah, going to need to study up) might give me some 'street cred'

I was already considering Everton due to the Howard connection.
As stated, Afro dude is now with Manchester United. You still get Kevin Mirallas (came on as a sub against the US, big man - of course Belgium has a lot of those) and Romelu Lukaku (big dude who came on as a sub in extra time, completely changed the game, and scored the 2nd goal for Belgium).

As for Fellaini, he wasn't good this year for Man U. Maybe with a new manager in Louis van Gaal, he will turn things around.

Best Belgium player is Eden Hazard. Plays for Chelsea. His younger brother, Thorgan Hazard, is an up and coming talent who is also with Chelsea (but just got transferred to a team in Germany - that's breaking news by the way!). Captain for Belgium is Vincent Kompany. He is a center back who is also the captain of Manchester City - defending EPL champions.

That should be enough info to make you knowledgeable and impress some Belgians.