View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #1
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Andre as Hendrix... trailer... not so sure

So the trailer for the upcoming Hendrix biography is out. That's Andre from Outkast as Hendrix.

I guess it looks like a good movie. I also think Andre appears to do a great job as Hendrix.

I'll reserve total judgment until it actually comes out and maybe we'll go see it. But I get a strange feeling after watching this trailer.

The feeling is, I'd rather listen to Hendrix than watch that movie and I can tell already. Hendrix is the one musician who is better than any other piece of art that his music is used in. When the song "If 6 was 9" came on "point break" I wanted to turn "point break" off and go listen to "if 6 was 9". And I can tell already that Hendrix' music is better than this movie, and I'd rather spend my time listening to his music than watching this movie.

It's just a weird thing about Hendrix. To me it doesn't happen with any other musician. But Jimi Hendrix was so damn good that any attempt to talk about him, portray him, or use his music somehow is nowhere near as good as the real thing in my opinion.

That trailer doesn't interest me in the movie, it interests me in going and listening to Jimi Hendrix.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote