View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #2
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Greatest idea ever for college football fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
So I'm having college football withdrawal and an idea comes to me. What if the smaller schools (what used to be div 2 and 3) started their season in January? That way, we could have spring and fall football. It would be much more financially beneficial to the schools, as their games would now be televized all day long, instead of almost never. They would get more TV money, fans would get more football, and ESPN would get ratings. As a fan, I could start paying attention to Wofford, Presbyterian, and the other schools in the state. Yeah, they wouldn't get the payday from when they play the big schools, but the TV revenue (along with more butts in the seats and more product sold) would more than make up for it. More tailgating, less expensive ticket, and games for an extra 4 months. They could even do some Sunday games after February to spread out the TV ratings. I think its a great idea.
The last time I checked, those other schools play basketball during that time. Nobody would care about watching lower level football teams. Do you think their fans want to watch football outside in the middle of the winter.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote