View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 11:53 PM   #5
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: One Hit Wonder Tiebreaker Poll (for seeds number 4 and 5)

This one was easy because as I posted in the nomination thread, if there's an artist that doesn't fit the definition (only one Billboard Hot 100 top 40 hit), I will not vote for them. By a slim margin, Tommy Tutone does not qualify as they had a #38 song a couple years before "867-5309/Jenny"

As an alternate criteria, the first time the NASCAR K&N Series (at the time the Busch East Series) ran at the Nashville Fairgrounds track in 2007, I figured for sure that being in Nashville they would at least get someone really good to sing the National Anthem, even if it wasn't a big name. I mean, Nashville is the home to so many great musicians amirght? Well, out steps Tommy Heath and he proceeds to do a butcher job that would make Rosanne Barr breath a sigh of relief that someone did it worse than her, if more than a handful of people were around to hear it performed