View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Theory On Why Clemson Loses and We Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
It is interesting that we can go into Clemson's home field, which is a very good football environment, and beat them. But Clemson cannot come into WB and win. My theory is that the SEC gives us a great advantage.

Clemson's football team really never sees an environment anything close to our environment. Maybe if they go to Va Tech, it might get somewhat close to playing at WB. Therefore, when they come into our stadium and are confronted with the loud, crazy atmosphere we present to them, they get rattled and lose. They simply are not used to it.

We, on the other hand, have to go on the road and play in places like Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, or Auburn. All of those schools have more intimidating environments than Clemson's field. Thus, when we go to their home field, we are more confident and less easily intimidated . . . and we win.

Maybe this should be smack, but I am not sure if stating facts constitute smack.
I don't think it's dealing with the loud fans as much as it's dealing with physical teams week in and week out. Even the lower rated teams in the SEC will hit you in the mouth but in the acc your wr's can run over the safety with ease.

Clemson also looked uncomfortable having traffic around them when they play us. In most acc games they could simply run a bubble screen for a first down whenever they wanted to. Plenty of space to roam.