View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #4
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Theory On Why Clemson Loses and We Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take-a-Knee View Post
I agree , we have SEC muscle now with plenty more room to grow ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
I don't think it's dealing with the loud fans as much as it's dealing with physical teams week in and week out. Even the lower rated teams in the SEC will hit you in the mouth but in the acc your wr's can run over the safety with ease.

Clemson also looked uncomfortable having traffic around them when they play us. In most acc games they could simply run a bubble screen for a first down whenever they wanted to. Plenty of space to roam.
I agree our physicality definitely is the difference, but it isn't just from playing in the SEC, or we'd have been doing this since the 90's. I think we have finally gotten the depth on the roster to survive the SEC schedule and come into the Clemson game with the advantage the tough grind has created. Before our starters were good enough to play with anyone but after a few injuries and whatnot, we weren't nearly as good as we could be. On the other hand, Clemson was playing a less demanding schedule which allowed them to play at a higher level than USC.

Also never underestimate what winning does for end of season performance. The same team at 6-5 plays totally different than if they won a couple close games and are 9-2. The confidence and excitement is there for game 12 that wouldn't be there with a 6-5 team.