View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #9
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: After being at current job for 2 months, previous job calls ....

When I graduated from college, it took me nearly a year to finally land a decent full-time, salaried job... I was extremely excited about the opportunity and looking forward to working with this company- the position only paid $30k/year with very limited promotion potential, but was a relaxed environment/small private company, work from home, set your own schedule type of deal... and if done correctly, would give me a week of vacation per month. I completed two weeks of training when I received a call from another entity who I had previously interviewed with and they offered me a position paying $40k the first year with an automatic raise to $50k after that. This employer also happened to be a huge organization with tons of room for promotion, benefits, retirement, etc. I was totally surprised that I landed this job because I interviewed for it the day after Cinco de Mayo so I was slightly hungover and I was 15 minutes late. I later found out that they decided to hire me based on specific question that I asked- "what skillset do you believe is most important to succeed in this position?" ...idk the guy apparently thought that meant that I really wanted to know what it took to be a great employee, so he told the guy to hire me as soon as I left the room. Anyways, taking the bigger job was the more responsible/future-oritented decision, so I did so... I felt bad about having to leave the company so soon after they had given me an opportunity that I had been working for for a year. What are the odds? Takes me a year to find a decent job and then I get offered another one two weeks later. Anyways, that's my kinda similar experience.