View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 08:06 PM   #5
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Are humans bigger, stronger, faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Or are sports more selective based on preferred body types? This is very interesting considering it's based on research.

http://www.ted.com/talks/david_epste...onger#t-692202
Def very interesting. I agree that advances in technology and higher participation plus better training techniques and better diets are largely the reasons why athletes are breaking records in sports. But I do believe that athletes are getting bigger and stronger and more efficient also due to better training and diets tailored to their specific sports. I think athletes select their favorite sports at young ages and train their bodies and tailor their diets over their lives to achieve an ideal size for their particular sport. More kids are training their bodies for football and basketball in the US then say soccer. If soccer were the popular sport out best athletes wouldn't train their bodies for football they would do more cardio and train for soccer
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote