View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #9
Transmaniacon
Any Major Dude

Male

CockyCash: 500
Transmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot materialTransmaniacon is USC mascot material
Default Re: Are humans bigger, stronger, faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffswanton54 View Post
In a recent Harvard study it has been proved to be a neurotoxin, not only calcifying the body but also damaging the nervous system over time and lowering the IQ. I believe it wont be long before it is banned completely in the US. Some cities are already taking it out of their water, Dallas is one. So yess highly recommend switching to fluoride free toothpaste..Toms is great :)
I believe Harvard just performed the meta-analysis on studies from China, unless we are thinking of different studies. I don't believe there have been many comparable studies in the US. I think you also have to approach studies like these with a fair amount of caution. As with nutritional scientific studies, it is easy to run with a conclusion that turns out to be wrong (or, at least, more complicated than we thought).

I have no interest in defending fluoride, just to be clear. However, studies in most of the "special sciences" rarely tell us as much as proponents claim.

And, this applies to the OP's cited article as much as the tangential fluoride debate.
Transmaniacon is offline   Reply With Quote