View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #18
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: Messi vs Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
Higuain, Aguero, Palacio are the forwards, you are trying to teach science to a scietist.
Do you think I'm some dumb American who doesn't know the game? You think you are an expert on this board? I watch the sport all year round. I've seen most of the matches in the World Cup.

It's one thing to know the game. It's another to let your bias keep you from seeing reality. Everyone on the planet but you would agree that Messi has been the most important player for Argentina. They wouldn't be in this World Cup without him. Yes, Higuain had a crucial goal. Mascherano has been underrated and not gotten the attention for the little things he has done. Di Maria has played a vital role.

However, for you to say that Messi has been in overrated in this World Cup is ignorant. He has been the most important player for his team even when he wasn't scoring. All the time, he has 2 or 3 players on him when he has the ball. Yet he creates space, passes, scores, and doesn't always fall down when guys are physical with him (Ronaldo could learn something from this).

Your statement about Messi being overrated, especially in this World Cup, shows your bias.

Personally, I think Germany has played the best football in this tournament and definitely the most beautiful football. I like Argentina but think they are lucky to be here. They had an easy group, haven't played that great, and aren't that fun to watch. Germany should beat them. However, Messi deserves the credit for them getting here (not ignoring the contributions of other players noted above).