View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #20
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: Messi vs Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Are you really arguing that Portugal team is a small good as Argentina because that is how I take those stats. Messi averages less than 10 km a game while cr7 averages over 10 km a game. So no Messi doesn't run more. Cr7 was hurt so he had 1 tackle in 3 games while Messi averages 1.166 per game big whoop. Cr7 averages 2 balls recovered per game while Messi averages 1.166 a game. Cr7 had to throw up dumb shots because he team sacked while Messi gets to concentrate on quality shots not quantity lime cr7. I still think cr7 is a better total player but Messi is a better finisher. He makes people look silly and gets open shots he doesn't miss. I think they both are the clear number 1 and 1a. There is a reason that together they have won the the last 5 or 6 players of the year. The hate on both sides of the argument is over the top

So Di Maria is a bit of a ball hog who doesn't score, doesn't play much defense or pass as well as Messi who is a forward.
[/quote]

see the link that nureye provided above. It's eye opening how much better Messi has been over Ronaldo in terms of total player.

I'm not arguing Ronaldo's talent but he doesn't make his team/players around him better. The stats I posted in the WC about shots taken aren't an anomaly. Ronaldo scores (for both Portugal and Real Madrid) because he takes more shots than anyone on the planet (and it isn't even close). Of course he scores but at what cost to the rest of his team? (Of course he whines, cries, and pouts that he doesn't get the chance to shoot more)