View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 12:25 AM   #1
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit
Default Gamecocks 1933 Conference Champs

Ok so I apologize if this has been posted before but I can't find anything on it. But The Real USC won the 1933 Southern Conference Championship, to be exact they were co-champs with Duke that season. The Southern Conference nor The University acknowledge this conference championship does anyone know why? I just find it interesting because all other schools acknowledge all old championships regardless of what year they were won.

We also won the ACC in 1965 but this was later disallowed by the ACC for violating their rules. But Clemson gets to keep a National title after violating NCAA rules?

It just seems that there has possibly been a lot of wrongdoings in the past by Conferences we were members of and maybe this is the reason we stayed independent for so long. I would also like to note for those that aren't aware being independent was once a more popular route for schools than it is today.

Can any of you older Gamecocks do some digging or let me know about these things thank you ahead of time.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote