View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #6
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Shaw Browns

Have to agree with the last poster. Also heck I watched Tebow's Florida vs Alabama game his Sophomore year and Tebow was rifling passes into small windows and we all know his running abilities and heck HE didn't make it. Sure, part of it was teams not wanting the circus that accompanied Tebow...but there's been a circus with Manziel.

Shaw doesn't have the arm that Manziel has. It's GOOD to very good, but not great.

Shaw is a great guy and I am hopeful that he will get a CHANCE to prove himself somewhere. But remember that Kurt Warner was working in a grocery store when he got the call that a team needed his services and his arm and pocket awareness was hands down more than Shaw's.

It's crazy to think that there is THAT amount of talent out there, available to teams and for every Connor Shaw, there's a potential "Kurt Warner" who just has not had his opportunity.

Again - hopefully Shaw will get a chance. He WILL HAVE opportunities if he chooses to attempt them in Canada, arena football, etc. He MAY get on with another NFL team that is looking for someone of his skills. Heck Seattle may want a "similar clone" for their QB...but it will take a team that has that kind of need AND no decent journeyman backup for that call to come and the probabilities are very, very low at this point.

A lot of NFL teams only keep TWO QBs on their roster and Cleveland (as suck as they are as a team) probably won't keep Shaw around past tonight.

It would be AWESOME if Connor got into the game tonight - but I don't see it happening.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote