View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: Really excited to visit the other Columbia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU Mike View Post
Cool, thanks for the recommendations. Every review we've read about Folly mentions Lost Dog Cafe, so it's definitely on our list.

How about in Columbia that Friday before the game? I would like to take the kids to the campus but also hit your iconic places to eat, I'm sure there are a few.

Columbia is strange in that we don't have any food icons. You should come and tour the campus for sure. The Horseshoe and the area behind the Horseshoe are a must. You can park anywhere on campus and walk.

Since you have kids, I would suggest having dinner at Carolina Ale House (Sports Pub) in the Vista or Village Idiot (Pizza) in 5 Points.

You should also check out the State Museum, State House, and EdVenture for the kids. All of this is very close to the University and Vista areas.

On Saturday, just park as close to the stadium as you can get. I prefer the Shop Rd area and then walk around to the Gamecock Village on Bluff Rd. The Cockabooses are behind the stadium. Maybe pick up some biscuits and fried chicken at BoJangles.