View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #6
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
WoW went to shit after launch but ya Blizzard has the best CGI team in the business
Fixed that for ya ;)

I kid, I kid. I know WoW was like THE MMORPG, but no matter how hard or how many times I tried, I just couldn't get into it (and I've always been a HUGE Warcraft fan).

I guess I've just always thought it was too "cartoonish" and I get it...that's what made it such a big draw. You're totally spot on about them being the best CGI in the business, and maybe that's where I was let down (given their past Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft CGI up to that point).

I'm a huge Diablo fan through-and-through but even then, was still a little disappointed with its "cartoonish" rendering vs. D1 and D2. To me, Diablo was always that game to where it needed to be as dark and as gruesome as possible.

From an MMORPG perspective, Dungeons & Dragons Online did it for me in a way that no other MMORPG has been able to since (and I was NEVER a table top D&D guy).

Anyway...maybe I'll give WoW yet another try, again :) It's it now like completely free up until a certain level?
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote