View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 11:41 PM   #1
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit
Default SEC Nation on SEC Network

Dvr'd the show earlier, just finished watching it. Hosted by ESPN's Joe Tess-a-something, with Tim Tebow, Marcus Spears & Paul Finebaum on commentary. Gotta say a few pleasant surprises came from the watching their SEC preview.

First, Tim Tebow-surprisingly good addition. He is actually a pretty good analyst & had some decent QB insight on the offensive side of the ball during the show. He was really talking up Dylan Thompson's experience as compared to UGA's Mason in the SEC East race. His knowledge of the game and personality kinda make me think he'll do pretty well as he gets comfortable in front of the camera.

Marcus Spears-IMO, he stole the show. A big ole dude w/ a great personality. He knows his stuff and just "gets it" on what SEC football is all about on the field & from the fans perspective. Very relatable to die-hard SEC fans.

Paul Finebaum-Not that impressive at all. He looks like some less-than-average Joe who won a fantasy "be a ESPN TV personality for a day" contest. Dude just doesn't belong on TV. He may add some historical perspective on the league and talk in generalities...but that's about it.

Joe Tess has the on-air savvy to pull it all together and keep the conversation moving.

Good show, but would rather see a Tony Barnhart or Chris Low type SEC media figure instead of Finebaum (radio guy - yes, TV sports...umm, no)

I'll tune in for their next show...they're coming to W-B to brodcast live 2 hrs before Carolina-A&M game.

GO COCKS!!