View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
Gamecock in TX
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecock in TX is learning to peck
Default Aggie Statistics

Some of the Aggies have been good on here, others unbearable, which is probably similar to every fanbase out there. I have seen some dismiss some things while continuing to promote garbage about their team at other times. Here are a few statistics from the very recent past that I find interesting that they don't talk about:

Since joining the SEC, the Aggies have not played a BCS automatic qualifier or Power 5 team in the non-conference schedule. They don't play one this year either, not one. I get it may have to do with the conference change, but that doesn't change the fact that in the past two seasons, 40% (8 of 20) of their wins have come against an inferior level of competition. For comparison, 18% (4 of 22) of USC's wins have come against this level of competition.

In the past three seasons, the Aggies are 1-6 against teams that finished ranked in the Top 10 of the final AP or coaches poll. For comparison, USC is 5-2 (best in the SEC) during the same period.

In the past three seasons, the Aggies are 5-10 against teams that finished ranked in the Top 25 of the final AP or coaches poll. For comparison, USC is 12-3 (best in the SEC) during the same period.

This will be a good game, be we will win this game. Call me cocky, confident, whatever you want, but we have demonstrated and shown we are the better program. We are in a better place, have performed better, have better discipline and better overall coaching. Our defense was good prior to Clowney and will be good after Clowney. The Aggies are still riding the Bama win from 2012 but completely disregard that save for that game, they have performed terribly in most of their games when they actually face a good team.

I enjoy friendly banter back and forth, but there comes a time when it gets ridiculous. I am excited for your first trip to Williams Brice. Come practice your cheers or whatever it is you call them, but they are going to be drowned out the entire night by one of our favorites against your sorry defense:

Another Carolina....First Down
Gamecock in TX is offline   Reply With Quote