View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs
Default Re: Article on Shaw & the Browns QB merry-go-round

I agree wholeheartedly. The Browns and Pettine have NOTHING at all to lose by letting Shaw start and play the first couple or three series in a preseason game. His performance on Monday earned him that. Worst case scenario: you find out your 3rd/4th string QB isn't starter/backup material and you send him back to the bench. Best case scenario: you find out a QB you picked up for next to nothing can be a starter. So, either way, you find out what you've got.

If Shaw had just looked ok on Monday I don't think this would be an issue. Or, if either Hoyer or Manziel had looked lights out, it wouldn't have mattered what Shaw looked like. But when you consider that both Hoyer and Manziel have looked like crap in both games so far, when Shaw came on and hit pretty much everything and did it with crispness and accuracy, I have to think it makes the coaches want to take a look.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote