View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 05:35 AM   #4
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: WR Depth Chart/Rotation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgibson75 View Post
Looks like WR Coach 'Bubba' Spurrier has his guys that are going to play next Thursday. Think DThompson will have good mix of guys to throw to this season.

We pretty much knew Googer & Shaq Davidson were going to redshirt (still likely)...but I'm very surprised that Deebo Samual didn't crack the top 8 in the WR corps after all the good things I've read & heard coming out of fall camp. Wonder if he'll be primarily a ST player early in the season OR is redshirt still a possibility?? Very curious on this situation.

GO COCKS!!
I imagine it's just a case of Deebo not being fully down with the playbook yet....he could still rise up during the season if he learns the routes well enough, similar to how Alshon got more PT his freshman season (not saying that Deebo has a Alshon-like season). I can see him jump past both Kane and Carlton after the first few weeks. If it goes too far however, he could be red-shirted unless they use him extensively in STs - the WR depth for 2014 doesn't necessarily mandate any true freshman taking the field, unless we have a rash of injuries which I sure hope we don't....

He's got to prove that he's too good to be red-shirted, like Pharoh did last season....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote