View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #6
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material
Default Re: Some thoughts about our team heading into the season

I'm not as concerned about the d-line as I am about the CB's. Unlike the corners our entire d-line has a good bit of experience. The Dixon brothers are solid and Gerald at DE played well last year. English has the potential to have a great season. He also played well when Clowney wasn't in and now with the added weight and from what I've read he hasn't lost a step in speed he should be the dark horse of the group. The LB core is stacked and should take a lot of pressure off the line against the run unlike last year where there youth killed us early on. I see the corners being a lot like the LB's last year where they will get burned early but by mid season should be really coming around and playing well, hopefully they won't give up too many big plays. I believe this is a huge part of Ward going to the 3-4 against spread teams giving the corners some help covering the middle of the field and disguising blitz packages.

The offense I think will be much like the ones Spurrier had at Florida. As great as Connor was he really didn't see the field all that well but made up for it with his feet. Dylan has a lot better vision of the field and scrambles a lot better than people give him credit for. Everything I've read says Dylan has really worked on his consistency and mid range throws and check downs. As hard as he and Connor worked last off season he has put in even more work this year. Spurrier has a ton of offensive weapons this year and I see him putting up big numbers like he did at Florida.

Anyway C2 that was a great write up and I can't really argue one single point you made. Thanks as always and I really appreciate your input going into the season.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote