View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #9
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
USCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Spurrier winning at football, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCock View Post
You don't sweat the small stuff, find healthy outlets from a stressful job, and generally just be yourself.

Ways to lose at life: troll message boards, drive slowly in the left lane, litter, and kick dogs.
You say that as if there is something objectively wrong with taking your job seriously, making a strong commitment to helping your team be the best it can be, and sweating the small stuff.

There is nothing objectively wrong with that.

Nick Saban sweats the small stuff. Bill Walsh sweated the small stuff. Belichick sweats the small stuff. Each of them has way more titles than I think Spurrier will ever have.

I rag on Spurrier a lot. Well, I would say most of it is not so much ragging on him as it is ragging on the fans that constantly sunshine pump. With that said, I can't say there is anything objectively wrong with him trying to live a balanced life.

But, it's absurd for you to sit there and criticize coaches who do take their job more seriously than Spurrier takes his job, and it's also absurd for you to imply that there is something objectively wrong with taking your job seriously.

It's fine if you respect Spurrier for living a balanced life. I can't tell you what you ought to value.

Just don't hate on the coaches who work harder than Spurrier does. They have won more national championships than he has at the collegiate level (Saban) and NFL level (Walsh, Belichick). There are probably several reasons why that is the case, but work ethic has definitely played a role.
USCNowAndForever is offline   Reply With Quote