Thread: SOS: QB guru?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SOS: QB guru?

Yes and No. Some guys are good in college, others good in the NFL. I think what translates into a good NFL QB is your kind of on your own. SOS can't coach up Connor Shaw in the NFL, but Connor Shaw can coach himself up. Which I think he has done very well. Some QB's can do it better than others. I think it really comes down to the ability to stay focused, and on your game, to not let up, and to study study study until your time comes. His QBs at Florida were successful, but they also had a million tools to work with. Shaw had tools as well, I guess it depends on the personality really. No one coach is bread and butter when it comes to coaching a QB to be successful in the NFL, in the end it is the QB themselves that have to make it happen. Coaching only goes so far.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote