View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material
Default Re: Peyton Manning fined for taunting Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
The title: if you would have given me those words in a jumble and told me to put them in the correct order it would have taken me five tries.
For taunting Peyton Manning, Swearinger fined
Swearinger fined for taunting Peyton Manning

Who would've expected it to be the other way around? I don't mind seeing Peyton standing up for his receiver, but he was just wrong about the hit being malicious or even a penalty. I loved what DJ had to say about it after the game:

Quote:
Swearinger swore that he didn't cross the line with a cheap shot on Welker.

"I led with my shoulder. That's the only thing I could do. He's a short guy," Swearinger said.

"There are some fine lines with hits. I could have tried to go low, but he ducked his head. ... What am I supposed to do? I made a Hall of Famer mad."

Out of respect for Manning, however, Swearinger declined to reveal what the five-time MVP said other than to confirm foul language was exchanged.

"That is a Hall of Fame quarterback. I respect him," Swearinger said. "But he shouldn't have done what he did."
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554702
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote