View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #1
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material
Default Which is a worse loss to open the season?

Last night was awful, shocking and embarrassing. But could it be worse? Trying to help people lighten up, because this took my mind off of the loss for a little bit.

For the first game of the season, which of these two options is the worst scenario?

Option A:
See last night. 11 point favorite playing at home in a conference game. Get your doors blown off and lose by 24. Start 0-1 with a conference loss.

Option B:
35 point favorite, playing at home in a non-conference game against an FCS opponent. (The exact scenario Michigan was in against App State). Lose by a field goal. Start 0-1 but no conference loss.

I think that either type of loss makes a run at a playoff birth pretty much out of reach. Option A puts you behind in the conference race, and while Option B doesn't, I believe it is far more embarrassing.