View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Labor Day Weekend Eats

Tonight I am making spicy breakfast sausage sliders, corn on the cob, roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon, cantaloupe, and an avocado salad.

I wanted to do ribs tomorrow but my arthritis is acting up and there is just no way that I could skin a rack. Decided to get the butcher to do it. He suggested letting him cut them into individual ribs too. I went with that. They are now oiled, rubbed, and wrapped. The cool thing is that this gives them rub on all four sides. The sketchy part will be trying to figure how much less smoke/cook time they will take this way. Any ideas?

I will be grilling veggie skewers to go along with those. Should be plenty of the sprouts left. Got a request for baked mac & cz. I'll have watermelon chunks sprayed with balsamic, dusted with Tajin, and drizzled with feta. Garlic cheddar biscuits.

Off to the kitchen to bake cookies now. Might make a 'nanner pudding tomorrow for Monday.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote