View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
sunbeam
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
sunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Does anyone else think that a modified 46 Defense might help out Whammy?

Never much of a fan of that. Pretty obvious thing to do, go after the qb. You wouldn't have heard much about it except that the Bears had Doug Plank, Gary Fencik, Mike Singletary, Wilbur Marshall, Dan Hampton, Al Harris, Steve McMichael and whoever the other guys were on that defense.

I have to wonder about some other old school defenses though. I'd really like to see someone try the old Cowboys Flex defense against these spread offenses.

And as long as I am mentioning the real Cowboys, I have always wondered why more teams didn't do that offense line popping up right before the snap. Just seems like it would make a dc crap bricks, particularly if they change backfield formations around the same time.

Edit: I dunno about the Flex defense though. It was supposed to be ungodly complicated for linemen to learn. You just think the zone blitz is hard for college guys to learn the ins and outs of. Still it was designed by the guy who came up with the 4-3 in the first place, Tom Landry to stop the run oriented offenses of the 70's. Not many good angles for OL to block the defense.
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote