View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 08:57 PM   #18
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Kelcy and Victor Hampton cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
I have an issue cause it's cost us games we should have won every year after they leave. We wouldn't have lost to Tenn had Ace stayed and we probably would have hoisted our first SEC and national title banners. It sucks then most of them get cut anyway.
I obviously don't have an issue with guys like Clowney, Gilmore, etc. leaving early.

I don't even have an issue with Bruce and Ace leading early, both of them were somewhat limited in their draft prospects by their size (when is the last time a 5'9" or shorter receiver got drafted in the first two rounds?). They both probably got out with the highest draft stock they were going to get (Ace in particular).

My issue is with the guys who, even if drafted, are going to struggle to make a roster. Guys like Hampton and Quarles were both coming off of sub par seasons (in my opinion) and had no business entering the draft. Instead of coming back, continuing to develop, providing leadership to a team that desperately needs it, improving their draft stock, and maybe earning a degree, they bolt for the NFL and if lucky are now going to be used as practice dummies for a couple of years while they try to earn a spot somewhere in the league.
Gamecock303 is online now   Reply With Quote