View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 11:10 AM   #15
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: (50 minute Replay) USC vs aTm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatlighting View Post
Who thinks we scrap the 3-4?

UT and UGA sure did if I'm not mistaken. I don't think SOS was pleased.
Bama runs a 3-4 and just let up the most passing yards ever in a game under Saban against WVU.

I think defensive coaches like it because it probably presents more opportunities to disguise blitzes, but man.. You must really have to know how to coach it up like Nick Saban (or just sign the top class every single year) because every other team i've seen run it, the transition has looked ugly at best.

What I love about the 4-2-5 is that it's kind of a 3 deep defense. Your high safety patrols the middle of the field for the most part, the other safety can come up in the box to stop the run or bring pressure. You keep your pass rush with 4 linemen, you keep your speed on the field with 5 DB's. My question is... hasn't the 4-2-5 been working pretty damn well the last i dont know 5 years?? I always loved our defense and the versatility the 4-2-5 brought. My guess is that because of the amount of "talent" at the linebacker position, we want to put those guys in position to make big plays. Go back to what has proven to work. I think ever since Ward became DC he had every intent of switching to a 3-4 because he loves to blitz and bring pressure in different ways. lol at 99 plays / 780 yards. If that doesnt make you throw your gameplan away I don't know what will.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote