View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 09:30 PM   #3
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecock football Long Term Future and the SEC

Honestly all of me doesn't want to say this but the way its looks right now I think our chances for an SEC and National Title may have passed us. It really feels as though we have plateaued at 11-3 and no championships as in all those 3 straight 11 seasons we dropped at least 1 game we had no business losing, that's not even mentioning the year we won the East. We don't have a championship mentality like Bama whose goal is National Title or bust, still too many fans are happy with winning 11 games. I remember the days of just getting to a bowl was an accomplishment but now not winning championships is unacceptable, we had too much talent the last 3 years to not have won an SEC championship. We need to be able to ignore the hype and focus on winning championships rather than what the so-called experts on the 4 Letter say.

UGA is poised to lock control of the East for the next few years at least, they are back. UT is a team that is 2-3 years to being the Fulmer UT of old. UF is getting top talent as always but I don't think as long as Muschamp is there they won't the UF under Spurrier. UK is an up and comer now that they have decided they want to be more than just a basketball school, they might not be the UK under the Bear but Butch is going to build a good program up there again. Vandy I think achieved everything they will every achieve before Franklin left, they are going back in the cellar for a long time. Mizzou the jury is still out on them they could repeat this year as East Champs, this is not a team to take lightly as they have gotten adjusted to life in the SEC, they could give us a fits every year.

Not even to try and break down the west Bama, Auburn, LSU, and aTm are going to be battling for superiority of the West but Ole Miss isn't far from being in the SEC Championship game.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote