View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 09:31 PM   #4
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecock football Long Term Future and the SEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
But the next guy we hire after Spurrier is maybe the most important one we ever make. They are going to have to guess right. I really don't think their is another name like Spurrier or Holtz that is going to be looking when that does happen.

We are going to have to get one of these young guys that lives and dies by recruiting.
im glad you did post ... i think you are 100% correct here.. i think i want someone who is going to make their name and establish a legacy here and not someone who made their name somewhere else first... i think we have the ad who understand that ... HBC has always been great and developing players but it would be nice to get some players who are 5* and can be developed to be superstars... we had Latti whose career unfortunate got cut short and Clowney who was great but beyond that we havent had a superstar QB (love shaw btw) or WR that was a complete game changer since alshon ... i just feel like our margin of error is beginning to shrink considerably when looking forward .. these next 2 years could really be a crossroad for the future of the program