View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 11:41 PM   #17
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Gamecock football Long Term Future and the SEC

Regarding post Spurrier era hires, a BOT member told a group of us in the spring that they'll go either 2 directions:

1) Look at a young head coach from a school that is consistently winning, comes from a coaching tree like Saban/Malzahn type. This coach would have to already have a reasonable buyout in his existing contract. And the coach would want to leave a Big 12 or ACC school, and make the jump to the SEC. Smaller Texas & Florida university coaches were also on the radar.

2) Stay in the SEC and swipe a top named coordinator or a lower tiered SEC school HC that is having consistent success (Ole Miss, Miss St, Vandy, UK, maybe Arky or Mizzou). Again, the buyout is going to have to work both ways--getting a new staff assembled & paying old staff severance.

Was told look for Spurrier to get to 100 wins at USC before he considered retiring.

Again, this pure speculation from a BOT member at a golf outing.

GO COCKS!!