View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #19
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Demise of the 3-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Scrapping the 3-4 at this point may be worse than continuing to play with it. They spent two camps trying to install it with a bunch of guys who never played the 4-3 system the staff used before. If they were going to scrap something it would probably be better served to scrap the 10 yard cushion they give receivers on every play.
Not sure how much ball you played, but it really isn't that difficult of a concept to grasp...coverages and packages remain identical in the mind to adjust to a personnel setup, which is all we are facing.

Besides, it's not like these guys coming in, or that we currently have, have never played football before with other formations...in middle school, JV, varsity high school football you play with various personnel setups.

It's really not that big of a deal. Only thing that really changes is some people used to getting more snaps in a 4-3 will see less in a 3-4, and vice versa.

I do agree with your last comment, that was painfully obvious and it bothered me when we came out in 2nd half with no adjustment there. My grandma could have gained 4-5 yards on a WR screen.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote