Thread: Over reacting?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #14
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

CockyCash: 200
gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit
Default Re: Over reacting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Are some folks over reacting after the butt whipping we took last week? Could it be that we ran into a team that just played lights out? I think so.
I agree that A&M played lights out and it's noble and proper to give them all the credit for that. But none of the criticism leveled at the Gamecocks, especially the defense, is an overreaction based on the way they failed to compete. Again, it wasn't just one or two players missing assignments or getting beat. It was the entire squad failing to appear like they had a single clue.

Quote:
Sometimes a team runs into a situation like this one where the team youíre playing canít and doesnít do anything wrong. Theyíre just clicking on all cylinders and ainít a damn thing you can do about it. Iím sure those of you whoíve played sports have experienced this Phenom.
That wasn't all a result of A&M playing well. We were an unprepared football team (particularly on defense).

Quote:
I have faith that the coaches can get these kids to have a short memory and get back on the horse. Shit happens sometimes.
I agree with both of the sentiments in this final paragraph. We'll see what happens Saturday, but win or lose, if we play like we did Thursday, this could be a long season.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote