View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 01:58 AM   #9
sunbeam
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
sunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Why won't Spurrier implement the spread offense here?

I have a personal definition of the spread. Basically the qb does not take snap directly from center, but it is a long snap. Additonally the qb is a designed runner.

Now even if I call it a spread, you can do it pass oriented like Clemson, or run like Malzahn, RichRod, or Nevada.

The Air Raid is often called a spread, and it does spread the field in a similar fashion. But the big difference to me is the qb really isn't a runner.

Though Sumlin and it looks like Holgorsen definitely seem to be adding qb runs to their spread versions. Sumlin rolled his qb out a lot, and he also ran a lot.

Maybe Halliday at Washington State is immobile, but Leach doesn't appear to be doing that. So maybe the Air Raid and Spread are converging.

I will say the line is kind of nebulous. The Chad seems to love to throw as much as Malzahn does to run.
sunbeam is online now   Reply With Quote