View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
lauderdalecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 480
lauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comblauderdalecock is developing his comb
Default Re: Say a prayer for a loyal Gamecock, Dick Bernish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauderdalecock View Post
Tomorrow morning a Carolina Grad and one of the most loyal Gamecocks I know is undergoing brain surgery to remove two tumors in his brain.

I spoke to him this morning and he gave me a quick breakdown on how the medical part of his weekend should go and quickly changed the subject to Carolina football and everything we all have discussed over and over this week. He did mention that he didn't think ESPNU would be available in the ICU which is where he hopes to be Saturday night.

Back in 1984 the now defunct Sport Magazine wrote what he thought would be an article on our season. Instead it was written about going to a Carolina game with Dick. The first paragraph is timeless about what we do.

Attached and enjoy. Dick we need you back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Sounds like someone I would enjoy.
Oh you would. Back in the day the party was always at Limo 1 (or 2 or both), parked up against the State paper building. At Gainesville in 2010, he got us a parking pass at the Catholic Church across from the stadium. You had to be there on game day before 7 am, first come, first serve for a handful of spaces When our group pulled in Dick was welcomed as a rock star by the Gators and Gamecocks who waited in line with him as the sun came up. Got them all drinking beer, and getting pumped for football on the wait. Just that kinda guy.
lauderdalecock is offline   Reply With Quote